How much time will you spend in our home?
- Depending on the package you choose, coverage ranges between 3 to 9. I find that the minimum amount of time spent with a family to really let everyone get their guard down and show a fuller range of emotion and moods (think little ones) is 2-3 hours.
I think our family is very boring. I don't know what you would photograph.
- If you have spent any time at all looking at the Lifestyle Family sessions I have posted to my blog, then you have seen first hand a "boring" family. Everyone, and I mean everyone, says their family is too boring to be photographed. That's where I come in. There are hundreds of tiny, seemingly insignificant interactions and connections your family experiences every single day. I have honed my craft to be able to pick up on these nuances of your life and document them for you.
What will we do during our session?
- I always set up a consultation call with families before the session to suss out what will happen while I'm in your home. This is not a play-by-play strict plan, but rather a brainstorming activity to get you thinking about the everyday traditions that exist in your home right now and how it might feel in 1, 5, or 10 years to have those parts of your life well documented to look back on.
How many images can we expect to get back? How long does that take?
- All of my packages include all of your edited hi-resolution images. I don't believe in putting a cap on the amount of images you get back. Typically I deliver between 200-400 images (depending on the amount of time I spend with you) which are delivered in a secure online gallery via email within 4-6 weeks of your session date.
Are all the photos candid/documentary style? I would like one to give to our parents that is more traditional.
- Of course you do! At the beginning of our session, I will take one photo of everyone together looking at the camera. I'll use my great wit and sophisticated humor (a.k.a fake sneezing) to get the little one's attention for 5-15 seconds, take the photo, and move on with the session so that everyone can relax, have fun, and melt down if need be.
How can we schedule a session with a newborn? We don't know when the baby is coming!
- Newborn sessions are schedule just like any other, except we don't secure the date until baby arrives and is happy & healthy at home. You'll send in a deposit and once baby makes debut, you'll shoot me an email or a text so we can coordinate a session date.
We're excited + seriously interested in booking! How can we get started?
- Great! Simply use the contact form to fill out all your info and shoot it my way. You'll receive an email back within 12-24 hours with pricing information and an invitation to talk more on the phone about your photography needs. I can't wait to hear from you!